Boat & Watercraft Insurance
Boat and Watercraft Insurance Quote Request
Click to Schedule a Call
Our insurance specialists can offer a wide variety of coverage options for your boat, jet ski or personal watercraft. Some boats or smaller watercraft may even be covered under your current homeowners policy. The size, type and value of your boat, personal watercraft or jet ski will be part of the determining factors in evaluating your Clive, Iowa insurance coverage needs.
Let one of our experienced agents give you the coverage you need and recommendations to best fit your situation. The following list some of the many coverages that we can offer:
- Physical Damage Coverage - Adding this coverage to your policy protects your boat while in storage and during transport. This covers your boat as well when out of the water, including but not limited to: fire, lightning, vandalism or theft. You can also obtain emergency service reimbursement for expenses related to towing, labor or supplies.
- Liability Coverage - This coverage will assist you in the event of a collision with another boat, dock or other boaters.
- Personal Liability - protecting you or family member if you have an accident that causes injury to another person.
- Medical Payments - covering medical expenses if you or someone in your boat is involved in an accident.
- Property Damage - damage that may be caused to another persons property while operating your watercraft.
Why do you need insurance for your boat or personal watercraft?
You'll enjoy the water even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you're in an accident or your watercraft is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your watercraft is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your watercraft also needs protection when it's on land. Accidents can happen while towing a watercraft.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much should I budget for insurance if your boat or personal watercraft is in an accident, damaged or stolen?
- Is my boat or watercraft covered for use year-round?
- What discounts and programs are available?
- How much medical insurance and liability coverage is enough?
- Do I have coverage if I need to have my boat towed in an emergency?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- Home and auto insurance policies may provide limited coverage for personal watercraft. Talk to your insurance representative about coverage limits. You may want to consider purchasing a personal watercraft policy to protect yourself and your water vehicle in the event of an accident.
Boat and Watercraft Insurance
Consult with one of our professional agents to make sure you have the right coverage at a competitive price. We can evaluate your boat or jet ski insurance needs to find special coverages you many need or any discounts you many qualify for. Some additional discounts and coverages may include:
- Accident forgiveness
- Roadside Assistance
- Boat Removal
- Boating Safety
- Multi policy discounts
Contact our insurance specialists today at (515)964-2927 we can assist you in finding the right watercraft insurance for your needs and budget.